Yanuar Dwi Prastyo is a permanent lecturer at English Department, Teacher Training and Education Faculty, Universitas Bandar Lampung since August 2011. Starting from October 2017 he is appointed as the director of Teaching Learning Centre (TLC) at the same university. Prior to his current position, he has taught broad range of students at formal and non-formal education from kindergarten to university level. He is an active researcher and has presented his research papers at many international conferences in Indonesia and abroad.
- S1 (2004-2008) : Tadris BahasaInggris, Sekolah Tinggi Agama Islam Negeri (STAIN) Tulung Agung, East Java, Indonesia.
- S2 (2009-2011) : Master of Arts in English (Teaching English as a Second Language), The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad, India.
- S3 (2013-2017) : Structured PhD in TESOL, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.
His research interests centre on the area of teacher education, reflective practice, continuing professional development, and approaches and methods in language teaching.
Funding and Awards
- April 2017 Faculty of Art, Humanities, and Social Sciences (AHSS) Postgraduate Research Funding Awards 2017, University of Limerick, Ireland for Presenting Research Paper at the 15th ASIA TEFL and the 64th TEFLIN International Conference ”ELT in Asia in the Digital Era: Global Citizenship and Identity”, 12th – 15th July 2017, Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta, Indonesia (€ 800).
- April 2015 Faculty of Art, Humanities, and Social Sciences (AHSS) Postgraduate Research Funding Awards 2015, University of Limerick, Ireland for Conducting Field Study on September 2015 – January 2016 in Indonesia (€ 800).
- May 2014 Language, Literature, Culture and Communication School Funding, FAHSS University of Limerick, Ireland for presenting paper at the 2nd International Conference on Education and Language in Indonesia, 20th – 22nd May 2014 (€ 500)
- February 2014 Faculty of Art, Humanities, and Social Science Postgraduate Research Funding Awards 2014, University of Limerick, Ireland for presenting paper at the 3rd International Language Conference in IIUM Malaysia, 4th – 6th June 2014(€ 800).
- 2013 – 2017 Doctoral degree scholarship, Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Program, Directorate General of Resources for Science, Technology and Higher Education, Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education, The Republic of Indonesia.
- 2009 – 2011 Master Degree Scholarship, Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR)
- Selected Papers and Publications:
- July 2017 Effect of Cooperative Learning on Student Teachers’ Communicative Competence in Indonesia, the 15th ASIA TEFL and the 64th TEFLIN International Conference, Yogyakarta State University, 12th – 15th July 2017.
- June 2015 Effect of Cooperative Learning on Student Teachers’ Communicative Competence and Motivation in Indonesia, MATSDA UL PhD TESOL Summer School Conference, University of Limerick, Ireland, 20th – 21st June 2015.
- June 2015 Effects of Cooperative Learning on Student Teachers’ Communicative Competence and Motivation in Indonesia, CALS Research Day, University of Limerick, Ireland, 10th June 2015.
- June 2014 Cooperative Learning in Indonesian Context: Potential Benefits and Drawbacks for Application, The Third International Language Conference (3rd ILC 2014) on 4-6 June 2014 in International Islamic University Malaysia.
- Mei 2014 Is Cooperative Learning Appropriate Instructional Methodology to Support the Implementation of Curriculum 2013 in Indonesia?: Theoretical and Cultural Analysis, The Second International Conference on Education and Language (2nd ICEL 2014) on 20-22 May 2014 in Bandar Lampung University Indonesia.
- January 2013 Cooperative Learning: Theories, Principles, and Practices, TheFirst International Conference on Education and Language (1stICEL 2013) Universitas Bandar Lampung, Indonesia.
- January 2012 The study on the acquisition order of English Morphemeson the first semester students,Linguistika, English Education Study Program,UniversitasBandar Lampung.